MALVERN AUTUMN SHOW 2016, SPONSORED BY WESTONS CIDER VISITORS CENTRE, PROMISES TO BE A FUN-FILLED FAMILY AFFAIR AS THE ULTIMATE HARVEST FESTIVAL RETURNS TO THE THREE COUNTIES SHOWGROUND THIS SEPTEMBER.
A spectacular showcase of the season, Malvern Autumn Show welcomes a vibrant line up of family friendly fun on the farm alongside a feast of food and outdoor activities.
Topping the line-up for 2016 is BBC TV Chef and Britain’s best-loved publican Tom Kerridge and BBC Strictly Come Dancing star Anton Du Beke. BBC Gardeners’ World stalwart Carol Klein and Otter Farm’s Mark Diacono will also be in attendance.
Ken Nottage, CEO of Three Counties, said: “Malvern Autumn Show is a wonderful day out for all the family and our 2016 line up promises to showcase all the amazing things autumn has to offer. Across the weekend, the showground will be awash with activities for little ones and grown ups to immerse themselves in – from our fantastic headliners, Tom and Anton, to the Giant Vegetable Championships and much much more. There really is something for everyone and we cannot wait to throw open the gates and welcome our many visitors to another marvellous year of Malvern Autumn Show.”
FAMILY FUN AT MALVERN AUTUMN SHOW INCLUDES:
- Newly introduced for 2016, the dedicated Family Fun Area will be overflowing with an abundance of activities for kids including garden games, circus skills and ‘make-and-take’ craft activites. With kids fully occupied, grown ups can unwind in this area too with a chill out bean bag space.
- The Autumn Theatre will be a hive of inspiration with sessions from world class experts including BBC Gardeners’ World presenter Carol Klein and Strictly Come Dancing star Anton du Beke. Talks, demos and workshops in this area of the show are certain to spark a passion for all things spade and stage.
- The World of Animals sponsored by Bredon School will welcome creatures great and small. Little ones can get up close with furry friends including dog, goats, sheep, ponies and pigs.
- The UK Giant Vegetables Championship, sponsored by CANNA, are sure to make a big impression on little visitors with a spectacle of mighty marrows, colossal carrots, beastly beetroot and much much more.
- All the fun of the fairground comes to the Vintage Village with classic Old Tyme fairground rides dating from the 1900’s including a Carousel, Helter Skelter and Ferris Wheel.
- BBC Strictly Come Dancing mentor Anton Du Beke will also headline the Vintage Village, swooning eager movers and shakers with his top tips on how to become a dance flirt of the 40’s and 50’s
- Using traditional techniques, demonstrations in the Forgotten Skills Marquee will teach children of trades of yesteryear with a time travelling glimpse into how things were done in the past.
- The Activity Arena will be alive with show stopping displays of duck herding, dog agility and much more.
- Discover Harvest will engage children in the bountiful harvest season, with interactive workshops, displays and hands on craft activites in celebration of this wonderful time of year.
- Hosted by Otter Farm’s Mark Diacono, The Cookery Theatre will welcome an animated line up of top culinary talent including Tom Kerridge and reigning champion of BBC MasterChef: The Professionals and head chef of nearby Eckington Manor, Mark Stinchcombe. Educational children’s character, Henri Le Worm will also join the action with child friendly workshops on cookery and gardening.
The Malvern Autumn Show will take place on Saturday 24 September and Sunday 25 September. Tickets are now on sale. Family tickets (2 adults, 3 children aged between 5 – 15 years) are priced at £37 when purchased in advance and £45 on the gate. Individual advanced tickets are priced at £16 for adults and £5 for children and on the gate at £19 for adults and £7 for children. Group and concession tickets are available.
For information, please visit www.malvernautumn.co.uk or call 01684 584924.